Guilty until proven innocent is what this is, and if this were introduced as a bill to prevent people on these lists from publishing, attending mosque, or using social media, there would be outrage, and justifiably so. The people behind this affront to constitutional liberties:
- Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND). So much for her holding firm.
- Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
- Martin Heinrich (D-NM)
- Jeff Flake (R-AZ) WTF? He must love himself some “law and order” and secret lists. This is the kind of stab in the back I’d expect from McCain!
- Tim Kaine (D-VA)
- Lindsey Graham (R-SC). Dude is an AR-15 shooter. For real. He also must love himself some secret lists and “law and order.”
- Angus King (I-ME).
The no-fly list itself ought to be viewed as an unconstitutional infringement on the right to travel. This bill doesn’t have a number yet, but get ready to call your lawmakers and demand they vote no. There’s enough leftist groups uncomfortable with this crap that they have no excuse to vote yes.
Note now there’s an assumption that “if you can’t board a plane in this country, you shouldn’t be able to buy a gun,” as if it’s perfectly accepted that the government can keep secret lists of people that interfere with the right to travel. See how they did that?
Note Pat Toomey isn’t on this list. Must be an election year, or his bill is coming soon.
24 Responses to “New “Bipartisan” Bill Introduced To Ban Those on No-Fly List”
- Time to write your Senators again - […] a new "compromise" piece of gun control legislation, being pushed by what looks a a gang of six. I…
- SayUncle » Well, “bipartisan” usually means we all get shafted - […] bipartisan bill to ban those on the no fly list from buying guns. No due process and presumed […]