Groups we’d see before the gun control groups we have now, if they were really concerned about saving children:
- Coalition for Better Seatbelts
- Brady Campaign Against Swimming Pools and Large Buckets
- Coalition Against Plastic Bags
- National Coalition to Ban Dangerous Household Chemicals
- Pedestrian Policy Center
- Medical Community Against Bicycles
- Mayors Against Tall Stairs
Why? Because all of these things kill children more often than firearms. Also, I was thinking what’s with the huge surge in poisoning among adults versus children? You’d think kids would be more prone to quaffing poisons than adults. But then I remembered most of us like quaffing a certain beverage that is poisonous in large quantities. Then you also hear stories about drunks on the wagon slamming down rubbing alcohol in a last, desperate act. But I wouldn’t qualify that last one as accidental.
6 Responses to “If It Was Really About The Children”
- Sebastian Makes An Excellent Point | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog - [...] Sebastian at Shall Not Be Questioned makes an excellent point. [...]
- Hoplophobic Tools of the State | Daily Pundit - [...] Tools of the State Posted on September 18, 2012 11:30 am by Bill Quick ...