On the Ted Kennedy Tribute

Last night a lot of GOP folks were lambasting the Dems for not being able to let go of the Kennedys, making fun of the Kennedy tribute video. I have two words for you: Ronald Reagan. It is best for those who live in glass houses not to throw stones. Though, to be fair, I’m pretty sure Reagan never drowned a woman in a drunk driving escapade. Some folks on Twitter, however, got the real problem here. This was my favorite comment, “The DNC cares about women, that can swim.”

8 Responses to “On the Ted Kennedy Tribute”

1. AndyN says:

I saw a tweet copied somewhere but can’t remember where it originated. Something to the effect of “DNC played a tribute video to the only politician with a confirmed kill in the war on women.”

2. Ron Larimer says:

I’m not into the idol worship on either side, but I did see a funny tweet on the topic that combined the idol worship and political platform…

“Ted Kennedy is the only politician with a confirmed kill in the war on women.”

3. Sigivald says:

Fair point.

On the other hand, 1962 is a lot farther back than 1988 … or 2004.

(A full quarter century farther back… I figure the Republicans have 25 years to play catch-up for fairsies.)

4. Sigivald says:

(Er, 63. Whichever.)

5. yossi says:

I think part of the criticism is that their slogan is Forward and TK is not exactly forward

6. Bubblehead Les says:

I’m old enough to remember when Teddy was making a Serious Run against Carter in the early days of the 1980 Election. But since it was looking like either Reagan or Bush the Elder was gonna be the GOP Candidate, the Dem Powers That Be felt that Kennedy having to face the “So how did that girl get in your car anyway, Senator?” question would not be a Good Thing. So they threw their support behind Carter, and Teddy withered on the Vine.

But a Ted Kennedy/Ron Reagan Debate? Now THAT would have been a Joy to Watch!

7. Oranje Mike says:

I’ll side with the frustrated GOPers on this one. Ted Kennedy was human waste. There was much made at the DNC about Romney being out of touch, hinting that it was because he was raised wealthy. As far as I know Romney never used his wealth or name to beat a manslaughter rap and kill any charge before it happened.

8. ParatrooperJJ says:

I don’t beleive Reagan ever killed a date or committed treason.