“Why Would You Shoot an Unarmed Teenager?”

Robb answers this important question.

8 Responses to ““Why Would You Shoot an Unarmed Teenager?””

1. Roger says:

I am a 68 year old male, overweight, not tall and imposing, nor strong & well trained in the martial arts. I am a prime target for thugs bent on mayhem & theft. I am no match for one or more determined sociopathic youths. However, there is a skill that I practice aside from situational awareness & that is marksmanship.
    Yes, marksmanship with a rifle and with a pistol. At least once a week & frequently twice. I live in Florida and fortunately Florida has seen fit to honor my RIGHT to keep and BEAR arms. I do. I may not be physically equal to the thugs, but my friends Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson or SS Kimber help me to equal the odds. Would I use deadly force to protect myself or my wife from sociopathic teenage thugs armed or not? I’d rather not find out, but I am prepared both mentally and with good equipment to do so.

2. Sigivald says:

Because, even as an under-40 male, an unarmed teenager – the right one – could kill me, or cripple me for life.

It baffles me that people are not aware of that, seeing as how it happens with relative frequency.

(Well, not to me, but…)

3. NotClauswitz says:

I was at SportMart a few years back and asked a hulking kid on a bench his age – 6′-2″, size 14 shoes – he was thirteen…
    They don’t even know their own strength and can’t “pull” a punch – everything is full-bore.

4. SPQR says:

Teenagers in groups are feral animals.

5. emdfl says:

I like the video of the 71 y/o guy at the internet cafe down here in Ocala who busted three caps on a couple of really dumb wanna-be robbers.

6. J.D. Kinman says:

And exactly how am I supposed to know some punk is unarmed?

JD

7. Charlie Foxtrot says:

Pretty sure Martin had two arms…

That makes him very capable of doing significant harm.

We can’t let the No-Nothings define the language and the debate.

8. Guav says:

A friend of mine was killed by a drug dealing “unarmed teenager” back in 1991 … He was punched in the face, knocked unconscious, and suffered a serious and lethal head injury when his head hit the pavement. It’s not even just the fists that you have to worry about.