Next Few Days

Starting tomorrow I have to take a business trip to Boston, where I’ll be until Thursday evening. I’m catching an Acela up there tomorrow morning, so we’ll see what this almost-but-not-quite high speed rail thing the left so loves is all about.

Posting may be kind of spotty, so I’ll be relying on Bitter more than usual. I don’t know how much time I’ll have to enjoy the city, but I might try to see a few things that are on the Freedom We Don’t Believe in Anymore Trail.

8 Responses to “Next Few Days”

1. Dannytheman says:

I would recommend a Red Sox game, as seeing and sitting in Fenway Park is a pleasure! The sights, smells and atmosphere is incredible. But they are away this week! When I was visiting Boston College, I took the bus in and thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. Jeff says:

If you have a free evening, drop me an email. I’d be happy to buy you a few beers.

3. Andy B. says:

Did you leave from Trenton (NJ) train station, before dawn, the way I used to? If so the incredible flocks of crows that roost in the nearby residential neighborhoods may be the most interesting thing you see. Urban nature.

4. Cargosquid says:

get in touch with Weer’d.

5. Countertop says:

1) I took Acela up from DC to NY City the winter before last. It was twice as much as the regular train ticket. Was faster than flying (and since a blizzard hit that day – was more reliable than flying). But I don’t know if it was worth the added cost over a regular train ticket. They did have very reliable wi-fi coverage in the car, and a comfortable seat. I worked the entire time and found it very productive.

2) This weekend would have been the best time to visit Fenway. You could have witnessed a) Obama being booed by a Boston crowd, b) the 100th anniversary celebration and c) the NY Yankees totally demolishing the crappy Boston Red Sux in a 2 game sweep and spoiling their 100th Anniversary celebration.

6. beatbix says:

I take the Acela from Dc to NYC quite frequently. It is not fair to compare the pricing with that of a regular train. The real comparison(and how the price it) is to flying.

For me and others, it beats flying hands down.

7. Patrick says:

I’ve done overnight trains to Florida from DC and found them quite nice. We bring the whole family on the Auto Train and get a family room with two beds and a bath. It beats flying when you have young ones and want to bring a car – unfortunately there is only one auto-train route in the US. My three year old girl loves the train. Six trips in six months.

FWIW, no passenger train system anywhere in the world makes a profit.

You will like the Acela. There are two premium lines in the East: the Acela and the Auto Train.

Have a good and productive trip.

8. Granny says: