F&F Was About Getting the Higher Ups

Which is why when ATF caught one trying to smuggle ammunition into Mexico, they let him go.

7 Responses to “F&F Was About Getting the Higher Ups”

1. Sage Thrasher says:

That’s extremely interesting that the specific ATF agent who let the suspect walk was Hope MacAllister, whose name has come up repeatedly in this operation. She & Bill Newell must have failed the same courses at the academy.

2. DirtCrashr says:

They’re not ATF agents, they’re Political Officers of the Commissariat for Internal Affairs…

• Sage Thrasher says:

I can’t disagree with you. The ATF seems to me to be an agency without a clear mission, and who therefore tries to please whatever powers that be happen to be in charge rather than fulfilling a static, apolitical purpose. I know Sebastian disagrees, but I would very much like to see the ATF permanently disbanded. I don’t think their internal culture is capable of positive reform, or that they are able to stop seeing law-abiding gun owners as the target.

• Sebastian says:

What you really don’t want to do, however, is give the FBI the same incentives. They will do the same things ATF does, only they will do it with far greater competence, and with far less accountability from Congress.

3. Freiheit says:

Wait, caught him with 74 rounds? Are we missing a zero? They caught this eeeevil man with seventy-four rounds of ammo and nine cell phones. Color me scared to death of this badass.

I think I know people with double-stack nines that carry that much in mags on them.

I probably have 74 loose rounds (mostly .22) running around various pockets and crannies in my range bags.

• Harold says:

Carrying even one into Mexico is a crime punishable by five years in prison, unless you’ve made arrangements (Google something like ammo traveling to mexico).

I also wonder about the “hidden”; if they were hidden in a typical smuggler location (e.g. behind a interior panel, inside the spare tire, whatever) that would signal intent.

4. Zermoid says:

“Even if the ATF/DEA/FBI had tracked the guns, and had worked with Mexican authorities, the operation never would have been able to bring down cartel leaders. No cartel gun investigation of this type ever has, and none ever will. The official line provided by Attorney General Holder is a bald-faced and rather obvious lie.”

Is it a lie, or gross stupidity?