You’re Not in Kansas Anymore, Dorothy

You know you’ve left the Northeast when you look at the Black Friday ads and find several listings for gun sales.

No, we won’t be heading out to purchase a gun. However, we will be checking out the local gun shop to see what their selection of pepper spray looks like since a family member could use it.

9 Responses to “You’re Not in Kansas Anymore, Dorothy”

1. Freiheit says:

“since a family member could use it.” – I’ve got a few family members I’d like to pepper spray too.

2. Bitter says:

Heh. No, it’s a problematic neighbor who may get out of line. If so, any added tools would be handy.

3. Jeff says:

I’m right down the road from you guys for the Holiday and both cabelas and dicks had a bunch of gun deals in their ads, including politically incorrect stuff like ARs and hi-cap mags.

• Bitter says:

Jeff, we saw the ads for Dick’s & WalMart with guns on sale. We’re good on the gun front. The pepper spray is just another tool.

4. I was just in Tennessee and was able to stock up on items that are hard to find banned in Maryland.

5. PT says:

Cabelas had 10/22’s for $169 at 5am. That’s a pretty good deal for the standard .22 plinker.

6. alcade says:

I actually saw a tv ad for Benelli shotguns yesterday… on CBS no less!

I hope Joan was watching and that it made her shoot cranberry sauce out her ears in rage.

7. Ian Argent says:

Amusingly, I bought ammo on black Friday special at a Dick’s last Thanksgiving in prep for a trip to the NRA range. I’m don’t think I was even carded, despite it being all “handgun” ammo.

8. Cargosquid says:

Heh.

My local Bass Pro Shops is selling “on sale” …. Mosin Nagants, at the low…low price of …$98.00.

The ad states that the rifles are to be considered as “used.”

That’s putting it lightly…..

Only $100 off.