A few things on my “to purchase” list as soon as I find employment:
- ETQ TG32P12 4,000 Watt 7 HP 207cc 4-Cycle OHV Gas Powered Portable Generator. This is the third time I’ve find myself thinking “I really wish I had a generator right about now.” Time to get one.
- BWSP The Basement Watchdog Battery Backup Pump This has close to the pumping capacity of my main pump. This should be able to keep the basement dry, even if we lose power for a while.
- EarthAid Multipurpose Sandbags with Tie, 26-inch x 14-inch, 50 Pound Capacity (Yellow, Pack of 10). Found myself really wanting these during the night in order to channel water from the house. The grade of the neighborhood runs down to a small creek next door, so I take the neighbor’s water, and then pass it on. I had to use bricks last night to channel the water coming from his property to my back yard. It worked, but not as well as sandbags would have.
- Etón FR160B Microlink Self-Powered AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio with Flashlight, Solar Power and Cell Phone Charger (Black). We’re Internet people, but we were using Bitter’s phone to listen to local radio. I realized we do not have a functioning radio in the house, except in the car. Need to change that. The radio was oddly comforting.
- Remington RM1415A 14-Inch 8 amp Electric Chain Saw. Several limbs were brought down off my trees. The ones in my yard are small. The ones that fell in the neighbors yard are pretty big. The neighborly thing to do would be to help them clean it up, but I have nothing with which to help.
Wyatt got it worse than we did with his basement, and to top it all off had to go to work today. I hope all you New Jersey folks are doing well. They are the ones who got the hurricane force winds. Gusts are dying down around here, as the storm heads off. I am greatly relieved at that, since I am close to losing another large tree limb.