2A Rally in Harrisburg

Capitol Ideas is reporting on the rally, along with some video. Looks like a much smaller crowd this year, which I expected. Having the rally in May one week after NRA Annual Meeting probably wasn’t the best timing.

6 Responses to “2A Rally in Harrisburg”

1. Dannytheman says:

You are right, people took off extra days for the NRA Annual Meeting, and there was less active notification on PAFOA and FOAC.(Although they did send some e mail blasts and a postcard) We were definitely not as organized as we could have been.

• Bitter says:

I think April is a better time for the rally. Besides the conflict of having it so soon after Annual Meeting (which they had 5+ years to plan around), May is just a tougher time for many people. I mean we have something going every weekend this month, I believe. Granted, the rally isn’t on a weekend, but it still competes with that time in terms of planning.

2. Phil says:

I think it is more a case of, that this is only a local election year in Pennsylvania, so the Republicans didn’t have as much incentive to facilitate getting people to their campaign appearance as they do in even-numbered years.

3. Bryan S. says:

Honestly, the attendance was average for the events. getting people to take vacation day is one of the biggest hurdles, especially to go in and talk to their congress-critters.

I do think this year went well, lobbying was more organized and well received by members of the staff if not by the representatives themselves. Although in the future, this event needs to be planned on meetings with senators that all of us can go in on. I know that Kim Stolfer and a group from FAOC were there working on efforts Monday evening ad afternoon.

4. Wes says:

I would have gone again this year, but it was scheduled during a time I’m over in Iraq, so maybe next year.

Perfectly OK excuse, Wes. Thanks for your service.