Public Range Shooter Caught

Some excellent good old fashioned police work have lead authorities to get a suspect into custody. Sounds like the alleged murderer was a correctional officer. Police called out the SWAT team to bring him in. I would like to note this is a use of SWAT teams I can approve of. I also got a chuckle out of this:

For two days, authorities scoured the range for evidence — a tough job because of all the spent shell casings littering the grounds. By the end of last week, police said they knew the kind of gun used to kill Getgen.

Yeah, not the place I’d want to have to gather evidence on a shooting — but they did it, and got their man. I am very happy they caught this guy. This was indeed a case of murdering the guy to get his gun, which made him very dangerous to have roaming the streets, which hopefully after a fair trial, he will never see again.

13 Responses to “Public Range Shooter Caught”

1. Good work. Sorry that a good man had to die.

And for my taste, Mr Peake can’t get thrown up against a wall soon enough.

2. Nate says:

I suspect that the Brady Campaign, if they open their mouths about this at all, will try to paint ranges as dangerous places and conveniently omit that the culprit was one of their favored government employees who ought to be trusted with weapons.

3. Lamont says:

A corrections officer, kills a guy…to take his rifle? Are times REALLY that hard?

4. Countertop says:

I hope they throw that corrections officer into general pop at the prison he worked in. Until the trial is over, at which time they fry his ass (if he’s still alive)

5. Scott says:

Unfrikkin believable it was a corrections officer.

6. Brad says:

Does the state have the death penalty?

Yes… but it’s been a while since we actually executed anybody.

8. Diomed says:

Guilty until proven innocent?

9. Tam says:

I’m still wondering just what kind of a moron steals a suppressor. I mean, a hot can is pure kryptonite. A hot .308 Win can is practically unsalable kryptonite.

10. Ian Argent says:

@Tam: like many crooks, passable on tactics, not so much on strategy.

The underpants gnomes seem to have gotten their business plan from small-time crooks

11. Min says:

Didn’t read the article. Didn’t get past the first 1.5 lines. But I sure as hell let out a loud ‘YES!!’. I was really hoping this one wouldn’t go unsolved.

Now…to actually read some detail.

12. hillbilly says:

Tam, here’s the answer to your question.

When you are willing to kill somebody to get his rifle so you can overthrow the government, you typically don’t really care about the legal issues of having stolen a suppressor.

13. Aren’t prison guards considered to be law enforcement types?

1. Range killing update – Suspect in custody « Curses! Foiled Again! - [...] killing update – Suspect in custody August 1, 2010 by Jake Sebastian at Snowflakes in…
  2. PA Range Murderer Suspect Caught « N.U.G.U.N. – New User of GUNs - [...] PA Range Murderer Suspect Caught H/T to Sebastian over at Snowflakes [...]