Militia Bogeyman Once Again

This article in the Louisville Courier-Journal talks about the resurgent militia movement. It’s actually fair treatment, I think, but pretty clearly SPLC has been driving interest in this story. Looking at these pictures, looks to me just like a group of people enjoying a day at the range. But I see the blue helmeted conspiracy folks are still alive and well.

7 Responses to “Militia Bogeyman Once Again”

1. tony says:

I am in Louisville and I also thought it was a pretty fair treatment but yes they are pushing the boogyman of the militia to scare people. I am not sure it will work anymore. Many people now know people that are serious gun owners and may even bee in the militia.

2. Aaron says:

Trying to do my best Nigel Tufnel accent: It goes to 16, it’s one scarier!

4. JD says:

“Huh, according to the caption on that first photo, it’s an AR-16 rifle. I think that’s like an AR-15 only scarier.”

LOL! That’s the first thing I noticed.

5. Dixie says:

I love the first comment on that article: “They need to be tracked like sex offenders.” Yes, because practicing a right = molesting little kids. Where do these people come from?

“I think that’s like an AR-15 only scarier.”

6. Ian Argent says:

Call me anal if you wish, but the pic used to illustrate the story gives me a 4 rules heebie jeebie.

7. Aaron says:

Sebastian: Lol, props on the Nigel Tufnel reference.

Dixie: “The AR-16 is what happens when a AR-15 and a M-16 love each other *very much.* (chuckle)” <– Lol, well, maybe they DO need to be tracked like sex offenders. I mean, one's 16, the other's only 15 . . . Just sayin'.

1. How not to succeed at A Dixie Carpetbagger - [...] (H/T Sebastian) [...]