Spot the Mistake

This article from the AP talks about a high school’s air rifle team.   The local news station that picked up the story did something rather humorous, which I’m sure will be obvious if you click through.

12 Responses to “Spot the Mistake”

1. CyBuzz says:

That is great. I chuckled.

2. Jennifer says:

I love it! And a positive article as well.

Somewhere on it has to be a pellet thing that goes up.

4. kaveman308 says:

Was that one of the SKS-47’s I’ve read about?

5. JamesLee says:

Cool, gotta get me one of those Match-Grade AirKs!

6. pete says:

Oh come on. They didn’t even bother with trying on that one. At least get a pic of the kids in action or something.

7. Tom says:

ZOMG! They use “a gas-powered pellet gun”

Not only can it spray from the hip, but it can burn your house down while doing so!

8. Holy crap, that’s terrible!

Layers, LAYERS, of editorial oversight…

9. jefferson101 says:

Thanks a whole pantload for that one. I had to wipe half a cup of coffee off my monitor when I opened that link. I may get my sinuses back to normal this week.

Unreal!!! How oblivious do they have to be? (That’s a rhetorical question. They are either oblivious or prejudiced, probably in the reverse order of how I listed them.)

HeHeHeHe! It’s funny, but with a painful component to realize how many people are just that ignorant.

10. AnonymousCoward says:

OK, I feel stupid. “…shoot control”? (Seems like a typo, not a laughable error.) Poor punctuation? Starting sentences with prepositions? Poor composition overall?

Honestly, could somebody take 10 seconds and point out the humorous bit?

11. anon says:

You gotta wonder about “journalists” who are too stupid to type ‘air rifle’ into google images…

Then you realize: no-one is that stupid…

But THEN you realize, if they actually think that this kind of misdirection works…maybe they really ARE that stupid, but on a whole different level…

Then you just give up, and start getting your news from blogs.

12. Brian says:

That’s a riot!

I think back to my high school days in Monthgomery Co, PA. We had a rifle team – my school owned a matched set of Anschutz .22s, spotter scopes, jackets…the whole thing.

I was actually allowed to ride the bus WITH MY RIFLE to shoot matches after school. And this was only 1987-88.