Pennsylvania to Have State Gun?

Apparently so:

Sen. Pat Browne, R-16, Allentown, has sponsored a bill designating the Pennsylvania Rifle as the official firearm of the state. Every time you think lawmakers have drawn the well dry on these designations, a new one comes along.

How many states have an official state gun?

10 Responses to “Pennsylvania to Have State Gun?”

1. kaveman says:

Isn’t the Pennsylvania rifle and the Kentucky rifle the same gun?

Maybe they could fight it out for who gets it first?

2. persiflage says:

I don’t think the State of New Jersey has designated an official State Gun, but I am fairly certain the official gun of my local south Jersey town is the radar gun.

3. Danno says:

New Jersey’s might be the Radar Gun, but Arizona will take the Photo Radar Van. Supposedly we have more of the automated revenue generators than there the nation combined.

4. Danno says:

Rats… that was supposed to be “Photo Radar Gun”

5. kaveman says:

I’m opting for the ’94 Winchester for Oregon.

6. Ryan says:

Hey, I’m all for this. We should get a few states to name the AR-15 as their “official state firearm.” Then, when we (inevitably) have to argue to the Supreme Court about whether “Assault Weapons” are in common use with civilians, we can point out that not only are they common, but some states have even named them the “official state firearm.”

Plus, it’d drive the Bradys nuts… hehe.

7. Weer'd Beard says:

I’ll put good money on the line that Mass doesn’t have one.

Still can we all agree that the S&W Revolver deserves the distinction?

(I’ll let people who know the line-up better than myself point to WHICH S&W should earn it. If I had to guess I’d say the Schofield, or the Model 10)

8. DirtCrashr says:

Colt was started in Connecticut…they could celebrate the SAA, the 1911, or the AR – or even the XM148 grenade launcher! What a bounty from which to choose!

9. N.U.G.U.N. says:

This is a great idea.

Maybe I can get friends in Connecticut to press for Winchester Repeating Rifle to be made the state firearm for Connecticut.

(Jay can work on Mass. voting on a S&W model.)

10. I’m sure the AR-15 would be the state gun of Idaho. Or maybe something belt-fed.