Those are words I never thought I’d ever write, but it’s been signed. Unfortunately, the text of the credit card bill says its provisions and amendments don’t go into effect for another nine months, but I don’t yet know whether or not that applies to this as well. I suspect it does. So we’ll have to wait until February 22nd, 2010.
UPDATE: PSH already coming in. People will carry guns on the White House lawn! Quick, hide the water dog!
UPDATE: NRA’s presser is here, and confirms this does not go into effect until February 22nd, 2010.
18 Responses to “Obama Signs National Park Carry Reform”
- SayUncle » Park carry - [...] Signed into law. [...]
- Right to Carry in Nationarl Parks Re-Restored! « N.U.G.U.N. – New User of GUNs - [...] Snowflakes in Hell it looks like we have to wait until February 22nd, 2010 to enjoy our [...]
- New law for guns in natl. parks may simplify rules on car transport | Les Jones - [...] created a legal minefield that’s liable to trap law-abiding citizens. Here’s hoping the new rules signed into law today ...
- Pro-Gun Progressive » That’s Gotta Smart - [...] As many have noted, this must really remind the Brady Bunch that their most influential days are behind them. ...
- Virtuousness to Sell in Nationarl Parks Re-Restored! | Duck Hunting - [...] Snowflakes in Anguish it looks like we take to deferred until February 22nd, 2010 to get a kick our ...