Happy New Years

Happy New Years folks.  You know, I just don’t really feel it.  I think 2009 is going to suck, in a big big way.  I hope you all enjoy the New New Deal.

8 Responses to “Happy New Years”

1. USCitizen says:

Happy New Years to you and yours. We’ll stick together and make it work. It’s what Americans do.

2. OrangeNeckInNY says:

“Deal” sounds very close to the Chinese exclamation for “FUCK!!” if you say it substituting the “L” sound at the end with a “W” sound.

3. Scott says:

Happy New Year – Here’s hoping worst case scenarios don’t materialize.
    Off subject, you know of course you were on Outdoor Channel (Shooting USA?) tonight, along with SayUncle and JoeH (and Tam and others unidentified on the line), from the GunBlog shoot at Blackwater back in August.
    Love Outdoor’s new shows: The Best Defense and American Guardian. Now if they can just schedule a second (or third) night of shooter programs…

4. Ride Fast says:

Happy new year anyway. Try and be optimistic, we’re all pulling together. Impressive stats, by the way.

5. Carl in Chicago says:

Sebastian said: “You know, I just don’t really feel it. I think 2009 is going to suck, in a big big way. ”

While I know where you are coming from with that statement, I am a little disappointed at your pessimism. As US Citizen said, we’ll stick together and make it work. I think that the challenges we fact in regard to an Obama administration might in fact surprise all of us … in other words, I think we will draw together and stand fast. After all, history, intent, law, and the courts are on our side, not to mention our will and determination. Our arms keep us free, but our will and determination give us strength.

6. Carl in Chicago says:

While I know where you are coming from with that statement, I am a little disappointed at your pessimism. As US Citizen said, we’ll stick together and make it work. I think that the challenges we face in regard to an Obama administration might in fact surprise all of us … in other words, I think we will draw together and stand fast. After all, history, intent, law, and the courts are on our side, not to mention our will and determination. Our arms keep us free, but our will and determination give us strength.

Carl,

I think we can pull out of this pretty minimally damaged if we play our cards right, but it’s always better being on the offensive than the defensive.

8. Chuck B. says:

I just overheard someone on Fox News saying that the murder rates in several US cities were lower for 2008 than in previous years, Philadelphia included. While I didn’t hear who made the claim, the reporter babe said one of these reasons for the reductions was “stricter gun laws”.

What gun laws could these be – like the ones passed in Philadelphia in some other towns that violate Pennsylvania’s preemption law? This makes no sense to me, because I don’t think any of these illegal laws have actually been enforced.