We Have to Unite Against SKS 47s

No, really.

“Today we’re having a conversation on whether an SKS 47 (photo)  should not be banned from use in the city of Philadelphia. Can you imagine having a conversation, having to fight back a challenge to some who would say that that should be okay, we should not ban that weapon.”

Click on the article, and see the picture, which features a Kalashnikov type rifle, and an SKS type rifle.  I’m not sure which one is an SKS 47.  These idiots don’t even have any clue what they are talking about banning.

13 Responses to “We Have to Unite Against SKS 47s”

1. BadIdeaGuy says:

Maybe if we got the names and numbers wrong on his constituents’ welfare checks it would make more sense to him.

2. B Smith says:

Is that SKS-47 a semi-fully automatic?

3. Gunmetal says:

“trying to ban weapons like the one that killed Sgt. Steven Liczbinski”

Once again, these devilish weapons are rising up and murdering on their own.

And B Smith, I think it’s a “semi-assault weapon.” http://armedandsafe.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-hell-is-semi-assault-weapon.html

4. RedneckInNY says:

The top one is an AK; the bottom one is an SKS. And if I ride my bike to the gun range, can I sling it over my shoulder as I’m pedaling?

5. jones says:

Now they are going the demonize the number “47″?

6. Carl in Chicago says:

Anyone have Curtis Thomas’ email address?

Maybe I will just send him a regular letter. There are several comments I’d like to make in response to his statement…

“Today we’re having a conversation on whether an SKS 47 (photo) should not be banned from use in the city of Philadelphia. Can you imagine having a conversation, having to fight back a challenge to some who would say that that should be okay, we should not ban that weapon.”

Tell me…..if a state representative can be that out of touch, just how ignorant are those that voted him in?

7. Bruce says:

I believe the SKS-47 is that “thing that goes up”.

8. Weer'd Beard says:

I belive an SKS 47 is an object, often made of metal, that can propell objects in a given direction.

SKS, AK-47, handguns, wrist rockets, blow guns, a regular snowball in the hands of an 8-year-old….ALL should be banned!

9. Molon Labe says:

Where can I get one of those SKS 47′s? It would really complete my collection of Ass47lt Weapons and go well with my Springfield 191147 and my Ruger 47/47.

10. Carl in Chicago says:

Shhhh…. we MUST not tell them about the evil Czech VZ58 rifles. Not only would it confuse their fetish with the letters A and K, and with the numbers 4 and 7, but they just might try to ban them, too.

Also, don’t go telling them what happens when you reverse the number 47…

I am picturing those fembot girls on Austin Powers….after he pulls out his “mojo.”

11. BadIdeaGuy says:

Those may be “rapid-fire” semiautomatics, too!

12. kaveman308 says:

Actually, I know a dude who has an SKS 47. He carries it everywhere he goes the the trunk of his Chevy Mustang.

13. Gun Blobber says:

Well, among aficionados of Simonov’s carbine, you can often find people referring to it as an SKS-45, as that was the year it was designed.

Hmmm… it seems they took that photo from the Wikipedia page?

1. SayUncle » I gotta get one of those - [...] I hear the SKS 47 is very rare. [...]
  2. Call me Ahab » Blog Archive » Ban the SKS 47 - [...] The photo shows both an SKS and a Kalashnikov pattern rifle, so I’m not sure which is the SKS47 …