Suspect in Philly Cop Killing Identified

Looks like the Philadelphia Police have a suspect.

7 Responses to “Suspect in Philly Cop Killing Identified”

1. Wyatt Earp says:

We’ve hit three houses since the announcement. So far, nothing. We’ll get him, though. We always do.

2. straightarrow says:

Or at least you’ll get somebody.

3. Wyatt Earp says:

Meaning what . . . ?

4. straightarrow says:

It means I got up on the wrong side of the bed and was pissed at the selective enthusiasm for catching the killer of one of your own, when it is seldom evident when one of the regular people get killed.

It means that I do hope you get the right guy and not just settle for a case closer who cannot prove he didn’t do it.

Now, I figure you to be insulted over both my comments, but that is not the purpose of them, especially as through your writings I have you figured for a decent man. I just don’t have the same faith in a great number of your fellow officers. I have just seen too much of how it works to not have my suspicions and resentments.

Whether or not he did it is for a jury to decide. Like I said in previous threads, and probably on other blogs too, the reason for paying special attention to police killers is because they are considerably more dangerous than ordinary killers, and because shooting a police officer is more than just an attack on a man, it’s an attack on peaceable society. I’m going to do a post on this later, because I think it’s worthwhile to highlight.

But societal concerns aside, while I am very much one who believes that police are citizens that we hire to enforce the law and keep the peace, and shouldn’t be treated like a special status of “super citizen”, do I think a cop’s life is worth more than the miscreants who shoot each other every day over drug territory in the City of Philadelphia? You bet.

When you ask people to do that job for shitty pay and no thanks, you owe it to them to bring the killer to justice.

6. straightarrow says:

“do I think a cop’s life is worth more than the miscreants who shoot each other every day over drug territory in the City of Philadelphia? You bet. “-Sebastian

Agreed. a cop’s life is worth just exactly that of any other innocent citizen.